Jun 13, 2015

Saturday Previews Vol. 2

Welcome to Saturday Previews where I take most of the trailers that dropped during the week and present them for your viewing pleasure. Read my thoughts on them if you're into that sort of thing. Or just watch the trailers.


No Escape
This will be one I check out. I can't remember the last time Owen Wilson had a dramatic role since Behind Enemy Lines and that was when Gene Hackman was still in the game. It will be interesting if this is just a violent action movie or if it attempts to go into the details behind the civil unrest. Hard to tell from the looks of it. Then again Pierce Brosnan is in the movie too but was only in the trailer for about three seconds.

More after the jump.



Ricki and the Flash
Meryl Streep wants a new house apparently. Or to play a rock star. But then again it's Meryl Streep. She's going to act the hell out of this. I'm sorry for my lack of enthusiasm for this sort of movie. But any movie that's clearly got the "very important lesson" about family immediately bores me to tears.


Sufferagette
See? There's the Meryl Streep we want! Looks solid. I'll watch this one. I'd imagine the Academy will keep their eyes on this one too. They eat this stuff up.


The Martian
"I'm going to have to science the shit outta this." Part of me wishes the whole movie took place with Damon on Mars as he tries to survive having no idea if his message for rescue got out. But I'm not going to say no to a cast this good. Easily my favorite trailer for this week.


The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
Looks good. But... if I'm being honest I was a bit let down by Catching Fire mostly because it's a movie that doesn't have an ending, just a "To Be Continued..." I hate movies like that. Like I really friggin' hate them. I haven't checked out Mockingjay Part 1 yet for that reason. (I know, I know.) This being the last movie in the franchise I'm hoping it can tie everything off nicely and make the whole thing worth it.


Regression
A creepy detective thriller? I'm a sucker for these. What stands out to me is the year it's set in. 1990, before the age of internet and cell phones made everything way easier. I believe going forward there's going to be a lot of these 1990's investigation movies for that reason. A Walk Among the Tombstones is a fine example that nailed it. That said it's hard to tell whether this movie is either going to a be a creepy atmospheric masterpiece or cliched ridden garbage.


Love & Mercy
Meh. I'm sure Paul Dano will kill it though. I hope Uncle Jesse pops up somewhere too.


The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Fun fact: back in 2009 George Miller (director of the Mad Max movies) was going to direct a Justice League film. Among the cast was Armie Hammer as Batman. As we all know Henry Cavill is currently playing Superman. That basically makes this a Batman vs Superman movie. Okay it doesn't do that but indulge me I'm weird and stupid. I don't have much to say other than this looks like a fun spy movie. Count me in.


Rock the Kasbah
I really hope they just got Bill Murray drunk and sent him to Afghanistan with a camera crew. And the reason Bruce Willis was there is because he's filming The Expendables 4. Just-- take my money now. I'm throwing it at the screen and nothing's happening. DAMMIT!

Feel free to share this if you liked it (or if you just want to share all these trailers with just one handy link) and if I somehow missed a trailer or have something to add leave a comment or get in touch with me on twitter @MisterFroggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment