Jun 13, 2015

New Gods and New Monsters for your Saturday Morning

Justice League: Gods and Monsters is a new animated film from visionary Bruce Timm that reimagines DC Comics titular heroes in a way you've never seen them before. Batman is Kirk Langstrom (normally the traditional Batman villain "Man-Bat,") Wonder Woman is Bekka (a character from Darkseid's neck of the woods) and Superman is the son of General Zod. When I saw the teaser for the direct to DVD movie I was a bit skeptical. I'm all for new interpretations for old characters but I questioned if I would like this version.

Almost as if Warner Brothers could read my mind they personally reached out to me and made some teaser short films for me to review to see if they got my seal of approval.

That is 110% true and I stand by this statement you can't prove me wrong.

The shorts are after the jump.




Well that was cool. Definitely playing with some more adult themes.

Oh. Oh my God. Um. Yeah. I mean I-- I liked that very much. That was just-- "Twisted" is the right title for that one.

Wow. That ending was rough to watch. I have emotions now. I'll be back in a second. I need my morning shot of Fireball a little earlier than usual.

You know what? I'm in. These are wildly different superheroes than the ones Bruce Timm was working on when I was a kid (granted that was only last week.) These teasers did their job. I went from ambivalent to really looking forward to seeing more of these characters. Send the kids back to bed, folks. Saturday Morning Cartoons belong to the adults today.

Justice League Gods and Monsters starring Benjamin Bratt, Michael C. Hall and Tamara Taylor arrives in stores July 28th, 2015. Here's the trailer for the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment